Libnids for Win32
- Libnids official website
Using Cygwin (but I highly suggest to use MinGW)
- First you need to setup Winpcap on Cygwin. This can be easily done using this article: How to install Winpcap / Libpcap under Cygwin
- You will also need Libnet 1.1.3: How to compile Libnet under Cygwin
Compiling libnids 1.20
WARNING: Compile but does not seem to link... I have many issues with Cygwin and porting libnet, libnids, ... Compared to using MinGW, i have no problem. See the article Setup and configure MinGW and libnet port
- Libnet 1.1.3 compiled and working. See how to compile Libnet under Cygwin
- This patch to compile it under cygwin. See README file for more details.
You can also download pre-compiled binaries.
For example, here is my Cygwin console output used to apply this patch and compile.
- First install MinGW
- Setup Winpcap. This can be easily done using this article: How to install Winpcap / Libpcap under Cygwin
- Setup Libnet. How to here
Binaries for Windows x86 here
- Download libnids-mingw-22.214.171.124.zip
- See the readme file or execute:
./autogen.sh ./configure make make install ./clean-generated.sh
Examples works fine, but you should specify the interface you want to use in the source files.